Wassielawyer, a lawyer specializing in restructuring and insolvency, and Thomas Braziel, founder and CEO of 507 Capital, talk about the bankruptcy of FTX.
- what the bankruptcy process of FTX is expected to look like
- why FTX got to the the point of filing for bankruptcy protection
- why Wassie thinks Alameda is dead
- why FTX filed for bankruptcy in the US given that it’s a Bahamian company
- how FTX’s balance sheet is composed and whether it includes Alameda
- whether Justin Sun will be dragged into the bankruptcy
- how FTX’s terms of service differ from Celsius’s and Voyager’s
- how the $600 million hack affects the bankruptcy proceeding
- whether it’s worth it to spend millions of dollars in law firms to go after the hacked money
- what’s the impact of the 192 million FTT tokens that were printed Saturday night
- what will happen with the fork of Serum and the forked tokens
- the consequences for all the projects that FTX invested in
- why Wassie thinks that tokenizing the liabilities could be a good potential solution
- how the FTX’s bankruptcy affects Voyager’s proceedings and customers
- whether FTX’s bankruptcy has put BlockFi in trouble
Unchained is doing its annual survey. Tell us how you think we’re doing and how we could improve, whether it be on the podcast, in the newsletter, or in our premium offering. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Thread on community buyout
- Previous Unchained episodes:
- Why the Messy 3AC, Celsius, and Voyager Bankruptcies Will Drag on for Years
- Three Crypto Bankruptcies: 3AC, Celsius and Voyager. What Happens Now?
Previous coverage of Unchained on FTX:
- Erik Voorhees and Cobie on Why FTX Loaned Out Customers’ Assets
- The Chopping Block: FTX: The Biggest Collapse in the History of Crypto?
- Sam Bankman-Fried on How to Prevent the Next Terra and 3AC
- FTX filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Sam Bankman-Fried built a “backdoor” to his FTX exchange to change financial records and move funds without alerting others.
- $600 million hack
- Unchained coverage:
- The Bahamas Loophole: FTX Users Buy KYC Accounts to Withdraw Crypto
- Could FTX’s Bankruptcy Trigger a Domino Effect?
- FTX May File for Bankruptcy After Binance Walks Off the Deal
- FTX Needs $8B to Meet Investor Withdrawals: Report
- Tron Founder Justin Sun Says He Is Working With FTX on a Solution
- US DOJ Joins SEC and CFTC Probe of FTX
- FTX-Issued Wrapped Solana Tokens Could Add to DeFi Contagion: wBTC Creator
- Sequoia Capital Writes Off $214M FTX Investment to Zero