Welcome to “The Chopping Block!” – where crypto insiders Haseeb Qureshi, Robert Leshner, Tom Schmidt, and Tarun Chitra chop it up about the latest news.
- Haseeb’s TL;DR of the ongoing situation between DCG, Genesis and Gemini
- whether DCG committed fraud because of a misrepresentation of its financials
- why DCG did Genesis a favor by absorbing the losses from exposure to Three Arrows Capital
- what’s required to force an entity into bankruptcy
- why Cameron Winklevoss would request Barry Silbert to step down as DCG CEO
- the SEC’s probe into the investors of FTX and whether the regulators will fine them
- whether there will be on-chain assets for trading FTX bankruptcy claims
- what Tarun thinks of the future of NFTs and what needs to be built for them to thrive
- why Robert thinks most NFTs are “hot garbage”
- what the value behind NFTs is and whether they need a utility
- whether the massive layoffs are good for the industry and how many companies over-hired during the bull market
- Haseeb Qureshi, managing partner at Dragonfly Capital
- Tarun Chitra, managing partner at Robot Ventures
- Robert Leshner, founder of Compound
- Tom Schmidt, general partner at Dragonfly Capital
- Previous coverage of Unchained on DCG and Genesis:
- Gemini vs. DCG Is Heating Up. Could Gemini Force Genesis Into Bankruptcy?
- ‘The Last Big Whale’: Why the Crypto Contagion of 2022 Eventually Hit Genesis
- Adam Cochran on Why Crypto Prices Will Be Down Bad for the Next Six Months
- Is the Collapse of Crypto Lending Over, or Is It Just Starting?
- Genesis May Be Facing Bankruptcy. Could It Take DCG Down With It?
- Why Genesis Could Very Well Be Insolvent, Not Just Illiquid
- Decrypt: FTX Restructuring Team Has Clawed Back $5B in Lost Assets
- Previous episodes of The Chopping Block on FTX:
- The Chopping Block: Can Exchange CEOs Like SBF Be Crypto True Believers?
- The Chopping Block: FTX: The Biggest Collapse in the History of Crypto?
- The Chopping Block: Why Lenders Didn’t Liquidate Alameda When It Was Underwater
- The Chopping Block on FTX/Alameda: Is Sam Bankman-Fried ‘Crypto Kanye’?
- The Chopping Block: SBF Wants to Win in the Court of Public Opinion. Will He?
- The Chopping Block: Was FTX a Scam From the Very Beginning?
- Bloomberg: Silvergate (SI) Tumbles After FTX Implosion Prompts $8.1 Billion Bank Run