I am a journalist covering the crypto space and host two popular crypto podcasts, Unchained and Unconfirmed. Formerly a senior editor at Forbes, I was the first mainstream journalist to cover crypto full-time. I now do the podcasts and am the author of a forthcoming non-fiction book from PublicAffairs.
I’m seeking a remote editorial assistant to help with Unchained and Unconfirmed, my newsletter, editing, show notes, scheduling, etc. I may eventually tack on additional duties with my book.
Unchained is an hourlong podcast that takes a deep dive into one guest, project or topic. Unconfirmed is a 20-minute show that mostly asks the top minds in the space what they’re currently thinking about, plus dishes about the news.
What I’m currently looking for with this role:
- Curate the stories for and draft the weekly newsletter
- Proofread newsletter
- Edit the show
- Write the show notes and choose the supplemental links
- Man general inbox
- Book the guests, set them up for a smooth A/V check
- Produce the newsletter with the proper subject line, scheduling, etc.
- Prepare the shell for the Unchained script
- Potentially: moderate a forum
- Additional duties around surveys, merchandise shop, etc.
- Help launching a new financial editorial business and video series
- Additional help with book(s)
- Knowledge of the crypto space
- News and editorial judgment
- Writing experience, also for radio/broadcast
- Ability to write snappy subject lines, headlines and blurbs
- Copy editing/proofreading skills
- Video/audio production skills a plus
- Creative, resourceful, persistent self-starter
If interested in this position, please send a resume and a few paragraphs explaining why you want the job and how your skills and background make you an appropriate fit to email@example.com, subject line: “Editorial Assistant.” Thanks!