I am a journalist covering the crypto space and host of a popular crypto podcast and video show, Unchained. Formerly a senior editor at Forbes, I was the first mainstream journalist to cover crypto full-time. I now do the shows and am the author of a forthcoming non-fiction book from PublicAffairs.
I’m seeking a part-time remote editorial assistant to help with Unchained, my newsletter, editing, writing, etc. I may eventually tack on additional duties around new editorial businesses and/or my book.
Unchained releases interviews that can be a deep dive into one guest, project or topic, as well as shorter interviews on the news. The show also includes a weekly news recap that covers the biggest crypto and blockchain stories of the week.
What I’m currently looking for with this freelance role:
- Report and write stories on beats such as DeFi, Bitcoin, Ethereum, regulation, etc.
- Conduct interviews and pre-interviews
- Edit Q&As
- Brainstorm and execute social media promotion campaigns
- Suggest stories for the weekly newsletter
- Serve as backup when needed for writing/editing/proofreading newsletter, editing of shows, show notes, booking guests, producing newsletter, etc.
- Potentially: moderate a forum
- Additional duties around surveys, merchandise shop, etc.
- Help launching a new financial editorial business and video series
- Additional help with book(s)
- Knowledge of the crypto space
- News and editorial judgment
- Writing experience, also for radio/broadcast
- Ability to write snappy subject lines, headlines and blurbs
- Copy editing/proofreading skills
- Video/audio production skills a plus
- Creative, resourceful, persistent self-starter
If interested in this position, please send a resume and a few paragraphs explaining why you want the job and how your skills and background make you an appropriate fit to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: “Editorial Assistant.” Thanks!