Andy Beal, head of ecosystem development at Forta and author of the 30,000 Feet newsletter, discusses the dramatic governance proposal on Juno Network, a Cosmos-based project, where Juno holders are voting to confiscate millions of dollars in tokens from a whale who allegedly gamed the Juno airdrop. Show topics:
- how the Juno airdrop worked
- how the whale was able to amass more JUNO tokens than the team wanted
- why the Juno Network community feels threatened by an entity holding so many JUNO tokens
- what the whale did to invoke the ire of the Juno Network community
- the community’s vote on whether to confiscate up to 98.5% of the whale’s tokens
- what three courses of action the community is considering to confiscate the whale’s JUNO
- what Andy’s biggest takeaways are from the dramatic governance moment
Come to an Event on Laura’s Book Tour!
Thank you to our sponsors!
Juno Network drama
- Andy’s write-up
- Decrypt coverage
- Coindesk coverage