Justin Drake, researcher at the Ethereum Foundation, talks about the Merge, how this transition affects Bitcoin, where Ethereum’s road map is going, and more.
- how Justin was feeling prior to and during the Merge
- whether the upgrade is complete or there are other things to watch out for
- why Ethereum has slashing and why it is a better form of removing any attackers
- the concern about centralization due to liquid staking derivatives providers, like Lido or Coinbase
- how the Merge affects MEV and the long-term vision of proposer-builder separation
- whether the Merge puts pressure on BTC to also transition to proof of stake
- what impact ETH’s more deflationary nature will have on BTC’s narrative as digital gold
- why Ethereum is the settlement layer for the internet of value
- whether there is a winner take all dynamic in the blockchain industry
- why Ethereum is more secure than Bitcoin, according to Justin
- what Justin thinks about the ETHPoW fork and its team and the risks of interacting with the ETHPoW fork
- the next steps in Ethereum’s roadmap
Thank you to our sponsors!
Previous Coverage of Unchained on the Merge:
- How Traders Are Thinking About the Merge — and a Potential ETHPoW Chain
- Arthur Hayes, Former Ethereum Skeptic, on Why the Merge Makes Him Bullish on ETH
- With the Merge, Will Ethereum Take Over Bitcoin’s Title as Digital Gold?
- Why Kevin Zhou Believes Ethereum Will Have 3 Forks After the Merge
- Post-Merge, If Lido Becomes Dominant, What Does That Mean for Ethereum?
- Vitalik announcement of the Merge
- Ethereum carbon emission reductions
- A guide on the Merge by Dan Chen from Sequoia Capital
ETH Post-Merge Dynamics:
- Ultra sound money
- ETH issuance and burn
- Cumberland on the Ethereum dynamics after the merge
- Miles Suter on the implications of the Merge
- The triple point asset
Post Merge MEV:
ETH Proof of Work
- ETH Vision
Haym on Ethereum’s roadmap