September 21, 2021 / Unchained Daily / Laura Shin
Daily Bits ✍️✍️✍️
Robinhood is testing a crypto wallet feature in its app, reports Bloomberg.
pNetwork, a DeFi bridging protocol, suffered a $12 million hack.
Over 60 crypto exchanges in South Korea may have to suspend trading services on Friday.
Digital asset investment products saw an inflow of $42 million for the week ending September 17th.
Nayib Bukele, president of El Salvador, announced the country purchased 150 BTC during yesterday’s dip.
It appears that Evergrande’s debt crisis negatively affected the crypto markets yesterday.
Fortune Magazine and pplpleasr donated over $600,000 of ETH to four journalistic organizations.
Solana issued an in-depth post-mortem concerning the network’s outage last week.
Ripio, a crypto services firm, raised a $50 million Series B.
What Do You Meme?
- Vanity Fair on NFTs:
- MyCrypto’s Taylor Monahan on why some crypto features need to be hard to use:
- Nine steps to level up your Crypto Twitter game:
On The Pod…
Rhea Myers, artist, hacker, writer, and senior smart contract developer at Dapper Labs, has been making crypto art before NFTs were a thing. Check out this episode to learn about Rhea’s work as an OG crypto artist, why she believes concerns over NFT energy consumption are overblown, and how NFTs are changing the art world. Show highlights:
- Rhea’s experience entering the crypto space
- what inspired her to make Bitcoin-based transaction art
- what blockchain art she was creating in 2014
- how she helped Coin Artist create crypto puzzles
- what Rhea thinks about Cadence, the programming language for Flow
- what conceptual art and blockchain art have in common
- how Rhea minted her soul on a Dogecoin fork
- how Rhea came up with the idea of Secret Artwork (Content), which was recently sold at a Sotheby’s auction
- what cryptographic elements influenced Secret Artwork (Content)
- why Rhea was wrong about how the NFT industry would evolve
- why Rhea believes concerns over NFT energy usage are overblown
- how NFTs are changing the art world
- what Rhea thinks about the NFT DAO movement
- what about NFTs make them so fascinating, in a legal sense, to Rhea
My book, The Cryptopians: Idealism, Greed, Lies, and the Making of the First Big Cryptocurrency Craze, is now available for pre-order now.
The book, which is all about Ethereum and the 2017 ICO mania, comes out Jan. 18. Pre-order it today!
You can purchase it here: http://bit.ly/cryptopians